for West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Andrew helped to set up the Kirklees Safer Stronger Communities Partnership and chaired it from 2005-6 and 2009-12
- Chaired the Kirklees Violent Crime Task Group from 2006-12
- Regularly meets up with the police and local people to make sure that issues are dealt with
- Andrew’s work with the Police, Kirklees Licensing, the Health Service and the Domestic Violence Unit, saw violent crime cut by over 30%
- Looks for long term solutions to crime and antisocial behaviour and not just ‘quick fixes’
- Supported the development of an award-winning Alcohol Awareness program used in West Yorkshire Schools
Andrew’s priorities as Commissioner will be:
- Reducing red tape to protect frontline services and get more police on our streets
- Get police and local communities working together to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Payback sentencing that helps victims, benefits communities and reduces reoffending.
- Effective action to protect people from domestic violence and rape
Over many years Andrew has shown the dedication and commitment necessary to make a real difference. He has a strong track record of working with local people, the police, probation and community organisations to prevent and tackle crime and make communities safer.
“One victim of crime is one victim of crime too many. I will work positively with all those who want to make West Yorkshire safer for everyone. I will always do what needs to be done for the people of West Yorkshire,”
Andrew has lived and worked in West Yorkshire for most of his life, and is a Local Preacher in the MethodistChurch.
Prepared by Robert Jacques, Election Agent, 12 Holt Park Centre, Leeds LS16 7SR
Candidate Contact Details