Police and Crime Commissioner Election for Cambridgeshire
- 43 years resident in Cambridgeshire, a University Graduate, numerous management qualifications and governance experience.
- Family man.
- Passionately involved as a community advocate for 35 years.
- Member of the Cambridgeshire Police Committee from 1993 to 1997 and since 2008 he has been an Independent Member of Cambridgeshire Police Authority.
- Chairman of Human Resources and Training Panel.
- Chairman of Custody Visitors Panel.
- An Accredited Member of the Police Authority Inspections and has carried out inspection assignments at Greater Manchester Police and South Wales Police on behalf of Her Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary’s (HMIC) and the Audit Commission.
- Former Justice of Peace and Senior Manager in the Public Sector for 30 years.
- Presented and produced radio programmes for BBC Cambridgeshire as a freelance broadcaster for 15 years.
What can you expect from Ansar?
- Ansar believes building and maintaining public confidence in the Police and the public’s “Fear of Crime” must be replaced by the criminals having the “Fear of being Caught” and brought to justice.
- Believes communicating with people will be an essential part of his work. He will establish a Community Network to facilitate participation from people across the County.
- Strive in every way to ensure that we have an effective and efficient Police Service that gives value for money.
- Believes in exploring positive ways with all our partner agencies to reduce re-offending.
- Believes that to be an effective Police Commissioner you must have first-hand knowledge and experience of all aspects of Policing and Public Service.
- Strongly believes that the Police Commissioner must be independent and free from party politics.
Prepared by Tahir Masood, 13 Glaston Avenue, Peterborough, PE3 9PD.