Campaign to Stop Politicians Running Policing
STOP POLITICIANS RUNNING POLICING
I will put the public’s interest first and not those of a political party. I am not a politician and have not accepted donations for my campaign. Having been Chief Executive of Lincolnshire County Council I am the only candidate with experience of leading complex organisations and a proven track record of challenging corruption.
I am unashamedly ‘tough on crime’ because there has been a 3 fold increase in people with 15 or more convictions appearing in court in the last 10 years. Our politicians have allowed:
- 25% of community service orders to be breached;
- £60m of fines to be written-off;
- 55% of those tagged to defy the terms;
- prison sentencing to be determined by the number of places, rather than keeping us safe;
- our borders to be unprotected;
I will work to reverse the trends of the past 30 years and strengthen successful programmes to prevent crime in the first place.
I will :
- seek tougher sanctions for repeat offenders;
- tackle concerns about visible policing introducing community based special constables with the power of arrest;
- strengthen support for Neighbourhood Watch;
- campaign to give powers to councils to actually ban street drinking;
- seek tough minimum sentences for drug dealing and possession of weapons;
- campaign for tougher border controls;
- rebalance the justice system to favour victims;
- make the police, and their contractor, G4S more efficient and accountable to you.
Lincolnshire’s police are appallingly funded – the worst in the country. Our politicians have done little to redress this. I have delivered a protest to No. 10 and started a campaign for fair funding with other rural forces. This is an example of the strong leadership I will bring.
Find out more www.davidbowles.org.uk
Prepared by David Bowles 46, Scothern Lane, Sudbrooke LN22QJ acting as his own Election Agent.
Contact Details :- www.davidbowles.org.uk or by phone 07774-224246 or 01522-753996