- Honours Degree – Former Head of Department in a Slough Secondary School.
- Businessman for 27 years – Former Chairman of a business organisation.
- Magistrate for 20 years Chairing Adult and Youth Courts in Berkshire – I also sit on appeals in the Crown Court.
- Former Slough Borough Councillor for 13 years. Chair of the Scrutiny Committee and Cabinet Member for Resources for 4 years, responsible for £100million budget.
- Lead Councillor when the Council successfully sued the former Government for £1million refund of business rates. Lead Councillor when the Council mounted a campaign for greater Government funding due to inaccurate population estimates. I attended several meetings at Parliament with Ministers in relation to this 4-year campaign. I attended monthly meetings of Neighbourhood Forums in the area I represented.
- Governor of schools in Slough.
- Chairman of a Youth/Boxing Club.
- Former Captain of Slough Rugby Club and now a Vice-Chairman.
- Former Chairman of Eton Wick Hellenic League Football Club.
- Member of Rotary for 22 years serving the community.
- I strongly believe that POLITICS SHOULD PLAY NO PART IN THIS ROLE. An independently-minded person with the relevant experience is needed who does not have to answer to a Party Leader or follow a Party Agenda.
- I see my main role as being THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE, i.e. the link between people in the community and their local police by concentrating on tackling crimes that affect people locally.
- I will MANAGE THE EFFICENCY SAVINGS DEMANDED BY GOVERNMENT without damaging the interests of the community, e.g. no reduction in the number of ‘bobbies on the beat’.
- I will make myself ACCOUNTABLE TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES.
This statement has been prepared by Geoff Howard, candidate/agent of 403 Bath Road, Cippenham, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 5QL