The Labour Party Candidate
Harriet Bronwen Yeo
Police and Crime Commissioners are new and the electorate want a fresh way of engagement too.
They do want;
- The needs of Victims before Villains #vb4v
They don’t want
- Privatisation and G4S patrolling their streets
- Faceless representation
- Skewed reporting of crime statistics
- The ‘same old, same old’
The Kent Police authority hasn’t delivered as much as it could. Drug usage still blights lives. Anti-social behavior continues to spoil lives. Study of the crime figures quoted on the Police’s own website doesn’t bear close scrutiny.
Further cuts will be imposed and Kent needs someone who can work with all stakeholders – communities, young, old, LGBT members, BAME, the Police Federation, voluntary sector, unions, the officers themselves and the Chief Constable to bring together the people of Kent, to deliver effective, cost efficient policing and I am the person to do that.
Fear of crime is just as destructive as crime itself; vulnerable groups in society have to be able to enjoy life in their communities. Older people must feel safe in their communities and young people must feel confident that they will not be stopped just because they are young.
I have a wide range of competencies and experience;
- Borough councillor, representing all strands of society as their elected representative, putting their local needs first.
- Working with the police to make our local communities safer.
- Treasurer for a multi million pound organisation for four years.
- President of the same organisation, with overall responsibility for the budget and all other strands of the organisation.
A vote for me is a vote for making sure that YOUR voice is heard in the policing of Kent.
Printed, published and promoted by Brendan Chilton on behalf of Harriet Yeo, both of 19 Luddenham Close, Ashford, Kent TN23 5SE