The Conservative Party Candidate
The introduction of the post of Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) will mean that, for the first time, you will be able to hold someone to account for policing in Cheshire. Your new PCC will set the priorities for policing and determine the budget. My background is policing and public service. I am a former Assistant Chief Constable in Cheshire and was a Cabinet Member on Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council. I have run my own business and I’m a trustee of a number of local charities.
My vision for Cheshire has been set out in my manifesto “Making Cheshire an even better place to live” which you can read at www.johndwyer.org.uk
My priorities include:
- Enhancing frontline policing to enable officers to further drive down crime
- Increasing the Special Constabulary to 1000, with a Special in every town and village
- Demanding a zero tolerance approach towards yobbish behaviour to punish the small minority who blight our lives
- Introducing a sentencing unit that will monitor punishments on behalf of victims of crime and, where necessary, campaign for tougher sanctions
- Making rural crime a particular focus for police activity
- Building fresh partnerships with a strong focus on drugs and alcohol abuse
- Introducing the post of Youth Ambassador
- Building and enhancing the most important partnership of all – the one between public and the police
Cheshire is already a fantastic place to live. But we must not rest on our laurels. Success lies in freeing police officers to do what they do best – policing. I believe a vote for me is a vote for unrivalled experience and determination to make Cheshire an even better place to live. It would be an honour to receive your support.
Tel: 01270 625144
Address: c/o Crewe and Nantwich Conservatives, Churchyardside, Nantwich, CW5 5DE
Prepared by Simon Eardley, Conservative Office, Churchyardside, Nantwich CW5 5DE.