Devon & Cornwall
I promise that if elected:
- I will maintain an effective community based Police Service to clamp down on anti-social behaviour – Neighbourhood Policing teams, Police Community Support Officers, Neighbourhood Watch – the eyes, intelligence sources and the ‘first responders’ of the Police Service.
- I will maintain those teams that work at protecting the vulnerable – adults, children and the handicapped, detecting offenders (violent and non-violent) and drawing up the evidence to bring them to justice.
- I will ensure that victims are properly supported.
- I will support systems, such as restorative justice, to reduce offending and re-offending.
- I will press Government for a greater share of Police funding but with decreasing budgets I will use my local government experience and record of service and project delivery, to create partnerships with other forces, local councils and other key services, to get best value.
- I will maintain our area as a civilised, low crime place to live and I would use more volunteers to support our Police Officers. Police serve their communities first – they are our service.
- I will keep politics out of Policing – I stand for this Office as an ‘anti-politics’ independent candidate. I would create and maintain a Commissioner’s Office that is free of all political influence.
- I know and understand the issues facing the West Country and have lived here for most of my life.
- I pledge that I will always seek out your opinion before making key decisions – I intend to provide:
- Highly visible policing
- Measures to deflect people from offending
- The means to resolve serious crime
- Support to our Police Officers
Promoted by T. Bush, Agent, 2, Elmgrove Drive, Dawlish, EX7 0EU on behalf of John Smith, Eastcliffe Orchard, First Drive, Teignmouth, TQ14 8TJ.
Tel: 01626 772223