Labour Party Candidate
“I’m honoured to have been selected as Labour’s candidate for the Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner role. I will not stand by and let the Tories and Lib Dems become cheerleaders for police cuts in Cheshire.
Since coming into office this Tory-led government has attacked the police and undermined the fight against crime. Police budgets have been cut by 20% and in four years here in Cheshire we will lose nearly 250 police officers, despite having a force of less than 2,000 police.
The Government should be trying to fight crime and support the police. Instead, they are cutting police and don’t have an effective plan to reduce crime. This is completely outrageous and I will do all I can to protect our police force here in Cheshire.
The government need to realise that you don’t cut crime by cutting police; instead you undermine the police’s ability to fight crime by cutting essential staff.”
John will be campaigning in Cheshire on five key pledges:
- Standing up for communities against the Government’s 20% cuts to policing and the loss of nearly 250 police in Cheshire by 2015.
- Keeping police on the beat with neighbourhood policing; not handing over responsibility to private companies or leaving it just to PCSOs.
- Backing a strong and swift response to antisocial behaviour. Victims should be able to get a response within 24 hours.
- Being tough on crime and the causes of crime. I will work in partnership with the police, local people and councils to tackle and prevent crime.
- Protect the police from political interference. I will set the strategic direction for policing, but will not interfere in operational matters, which is the right and proper duty of the Chief Constable.
Website – www.johnstockton.org.uk
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter - @JStocktonPCC
Facebook – John Stockton (Labour) for PCC for Cheshire
Prepared by Election Agent: Ben Powell, 19 Magdalene Walk, Ellesmere Port CH65 5FG