The Conservative Party Candidate
Standing Up for the Law Abiding Majority
As Police and Crime Commissioner I will put residents first, ensuring that in the West Midlands criminals are more likely to be caught than not. In 2011/12 just 22% of crimes in the West Midlands were solved – one of the worst rates in the UK. Criminals are much more likely to get away with it than be caught and punished. For too long the Police Authority has stayed silent as criminals walked free and local police stations were closed.
The choice in this election is clear; either vote for the status quo, low detection rates and local stations continuing to close, or vote for Change. Vote for the candidate who will put the law abiding majority first, who will make sure if you commit a crime you will serve your time. I will stand up for the public and make sure crime goes down.
- Introduce Zero Tolerance Policing of crime and antisocial behaviour
- Ensure the Police spend More time on the Streets and at the times and places where crime is highest
- Keep Local Police Stations and front desks OPEN!
- Introduce a Contract with the Public, setting out what residents can expect from the police when a crime is reported
- Meet regularly with the public across the whole West Midlands by holding at least one public meeting every fortnight!
“tough measures to tackle anti-social behaviour are at the heart of his campaign”
Matt sees himself “more as a people’s champion, challenging the Police to deliver on targets rather than the police officer’s friend”
Birmingham Post July 19th 2012
Prepared and promoted by Paula J. Yates of West Midlands Conservatives, 2 Manor Road, B91 2BH election agent for Matt Bennett
36 High Street
Telephone – 0121 354 2229
Email – email@example.com
Twitter – @mattbennett29