The Labour Party Candidate
Nottinghamshire needs a Labour Police & Crime Commissioner to stand up for our communities in the fight against crime and anti-social behaviour; not be a cheerleader for Conservative Government cuts to the police.
Paddy Tipping has lived and worked in the voluntary, public and private sector in Nottinghamshire for over forty years. He’s well known in communities around Nottinghamshire, and his family live here too. That means that your concerns are his concerns and he’ll always speak up for you with a strong voice.
Paddy believes that residents need to feel safe and secure in their homes and streets. We all want a better and safer environment for our children and families.
- Fight for extra resources for our Police who face a budget cut imposed by the Conservative Government of £42 million or 20%. Already nearly 300 Police Officers have lost their jobs. You can’t cut crime by cutting Police Officers.
- Improve and enhance neighbourhood policing by recruiting an extra 150 Police Officers backed by 100 more PCSOs. We need a regular uniformed presence on our streets.
- Work with local Councils and others to cut anti-social behaviour by 50%. He’ll clamp down on yobbish behaviour.
- Make sure that the victims of crime are treated as people, not cases, and properly fund Victim Support.
- Give extra priority and resources to domestic violence and crimes against women.
- Be fair and honest; protect Council taxpayers money and he won’t take a pay rise if elected to office.
Paddy Tipping will be the People’s Commissioner. He will be a strong and effective leader of Nottinghamshire Police, while always listening to you and the communities he is elected to serve.
This statement prepared by Nicola Heaton, Agent, at 23 Barrett Lane, Attenborough, Notts NG9 6AD
Website: www. paddy4pcc.co.uk