The Conservative Party Candidate
Richard Rhodes has been a Magistrate for 33 years, and is currently Chair of Cumbria Probation Trust and Chair of the Safer Cumbria Direction Group.
“Enforcement is the principal element in reducing crime but it isn’t the only one. Using my extensive experience of the criminal justice system, I will develop a range of interventions to support victims, reduce re-offending and ensure public safety to reinforce the activities of a high achieving Constabulary in Cumbria”
- Establish an Executive Committee of the Chief Constable, Chief Executive and Treasurer to determine policy and strategy, deliverable within budget and including a crime mapping strategy.
- Create an Office of Public Engagement, to be proactive in monitoring public opinion.
- Establish an Office of Victim Support, to supervise practical help to the victims of crime, including domestic violence and hate crime. This will involve voluntary and public sector organisations.
- Promote Restorative Justice to reduce re-offending and boost confidence. Work will be commissioned from the public, private, voluntary and faith sectors with four main target areas:-
Anti-social behaviour The greatest area of public concern.
Veterans The largest occupational group in prison.
Youth Justice A greater overall coordination in the dealing with Youth Crime.
Rural Crime Cumbria has a particular need to address this issue.
- Embrace the good work of Local Authorities, Safer Cumbria, Community Safety Partnerships, and the Health and Well Being boards, amongst others, working with statutory agencies such as the Police, Probation Service, Youth Offending service, the Health Authorities and Education services. It is worth noting that the recent HMIC Inspection showed that in the Cumbria Area costs had been reduced retaining high levels of public satisfaction and a lower crime rate.
Prepared by Neville Lishman (Election Agent) on behalf of Richard Rhodes both of 31 Chiswick Street, Carlisle. CA1 1HJ
Contact details: email@example.com