Simon Alexander Hayes
I’m Chairman of Crimestoppers Hampshire & the Isle of Wight, and past Chairman of Hampshire Police Authority. As an Independent Candidate, I’m standing free of Party political pressure or obligation: I believe you, not Party politicians, should decide how you want to be policed.
I believe in inclusion, community co-operation and consultation. I will make it possible for your voice to be heard so, together, we improve policing and criminal justice. We will do what works to cut crime and make our communities safer places.
I understand as criminals face fewer police on the streets, and the prison system struggles to accommodate increasing numbers, many people ask “is an increase in crime inevitable?”
I understand people feel drug & alcohol related crime, domestic violence, hate crime, street violence and anti-social crime is not being tackled as they would like.
I understand people feel the Police are unable to respond quickly when called.
I understand people feel it’s not worth reporting crime.
I understand people living in rural communities feel their policing needs are not properly met.
I understand we all respect our Police – officers and civilians – but are worried that their morale is at an all time low.
So, to tackle these concerns I will:
- Increase frontline policing numbers, so criminals know that they will be caught.
- Work with Statutory, Voluntary and Not-for-profit organisations to cut crime.
- Ensure an effective and supportive approach to victims/witnesses.
- Create quick and positive community justice, involving local people.
- Introduce better School & College liaison with our young people.
- Take action to address the problem of repeat offending.
- Encourage Restorative Justice.
- Put innovation, early intervention and robust community consultations at the heart of Policing strategy.
For more information, please see www.hayes4pcc.org or email me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepared by Simon Alexander Hayes, Buckland Granaries, Sway Road, Lymington, Hampshire.