Labour Party Candidate
Tony Lloyd Labour candidate for Greater Manchester Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Police are public servants and I want the public to have confidence that Greater Manchester Police is the best Police force in the country.
The Tory/Lib-Dem government is targeting our communities in Greater Manchester, cutting nearly 3,000 Police jobs, the largest cuts in the country. Senior police officers warn that the Government is cutting the policing budget too far, too fast, taking risks with public safety. That’s why your vote is important. David Cameron’s Government are just wrong on crime. They should have used the money they used to fund tax cuts for millionaires instead on funding our Police.
Tony Lloyd’s pledges:-
- To stand up for communities against the Tories’ 20 per cent cuts to policing and the loss of nearly 3,000 police and civilian posts in Greater Manchester (and 16,000 police officers nationally).
- Keep police on the beat not hand policing over to private companies. Our police are not for sale.
- Make sure victims of crime are at the centre of events from early investigation, kept in touch with progress and treated with the dignity they should expect.
- Ensure that the anti-social neighbour and the local yob know the police will stop them from terrorising our communities. Victims will get a response within 24 hours.
- Keep our neighbourhood policing by building partnerships with community groups, local councils and right across the criminal justice system to tackle and prevent crime.
- Tackle domestic and sexual violence and exploitation of children as a top priority.
- Keep up the pressure on gun, gang and organised crime.
This has been prepared by Andy Smith election agent at 26 Silverwell Street, Manchester, M40 1PA.