The Labour Party Candidate
Together we can bring crime down. As Police and Crime Commissioner I will focus on bringing all of the community together to help the Police in reducing anti-social behaviour, ensure that victims are properly supported and criminals are properly punished. In these constrained times I have the skills and experience in business to deliver improved results with fewer resources.
As PCC I will: -
- Work with the whole community to prevent and tackle crime
- Put victims back at the heart of the policing strategy
- Ensure that the Police are at the heart of the community
- Fight the worrying and growing trend of domestic violence and sexual crimes.
- Make sure Essex is at the forefront in deploying new technologies and techniques to tackle crime.
- Put crime reduction at the centre of every planning, housing, health and education decision made in Essex
- Protect our front-line officers
- Oppose privatisation of our police
- Campaign to make sure fines and punishments reflect the true cost ASB related crimes
- Ensure that bars, clubs and pubs take responsibility for night time drinking or face a licence ban.
- Have a drying out bus in every town centre along with expanding the SOS and street pastors on Friday and Saturday nights
My unique combination of being a mum, a senior councillor and as a proven business woman makes me the ideal candidate for Essex PCC.
I will not be the voice of the police
I will not be the voice of government
I will be the voice of the people of Essex and talk their language on crime
Statement prepared by Richard Speight of behalf of Val Morris-Cook both of 1 Whitehall Estate Flex Meadow Harlow Essex CM19 5TP