We (the Home Office and its suppliers) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
Any personal data you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any information about you that we pass to a third party will be transferred via a secure and encrypted FTP site and stored on secure networks by that party, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This data will only be used to provide services or information you have requested. Access to this data will be restricted to authorised individuals who need it to process your details and will only be available via secure log in.
The following list outlines the specific information that we may collect from you:
- Anonymised information relating to site usage, so we can monitor the performance of our service.
- Your email address so we can email you to let you know when candidate information has been published. We will only do this if you request an email alert. Your email address will only be stored until the candidate information has been published and will only be used for the purpose of sending you this email alert. We will not pass your email address on to anyone else.
- Name, address and contact details so we can mail you printed candidate information. We will only do this if you request printed information. This data will only be stored until we mail you the printed information and will only be used for the purpose of mailing you this information. We will not pass your details on to anyone else.
Should you feel that this information has been used for any other purpose you have the right to seek redress via the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further details visit http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
Common cookies can be categorised in the following ways:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a web site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of a web site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a web site works.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow a web site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a web site may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They are usually placed by advertising networks rather than web site operators. They remember that you have visited a web site and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. These organisations do this in order to provide you with targeted adverts more relevant to you and your interests. Quite often targeting cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
ChooseMyPCC uses the following cookies on this site:
- So the website is available when you want it and fast, we measure numbers and volumes of visitors using __utma.
- To understand what visitors want to view and not to view, so we can improve the service you receive and archive what is not required, we use __utmb, __utmc, and __utmz.
For further information about cookies, please visit http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx.