Labour Party Candidate
FIGHTING CRIME, PROTECTING COMMUNITIES AND SUPPORTING THE POLICE.
As Commissioner I will:
- Fight against further cuts beyond the 20% to Derbyshire’s police budget
- Keep Policing Public in Derbyshire – No G4S Style Privatisation Here! If there are efficiencies to be made I will make them in-house and reinvest cash savings back into policing Derbyshire
- Sustain Community Policing across Derbyshire – and work with Local Community Safety Partnerships to find local solutions to local anti-social behaviour problems
- Stand Up for Victims, Vulnerable People, and Take Seriously Domestic Abuse –work with victims to improve the experience that future victims receive from the police and criminal justice system. I will ensure that robust procedures are in place to protect families and sufferers of Domestic Violence and Hate Crimes
- Work with Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Organisations – to explore ways to aid life improvement and prevent entry to the criminal justice system
- Plan Safer Roads for Safer Communities – working with road safety professionals from the Police, Council Highways and Highways Agency teams
- Tackle Wildlife Crime and Cruelty Towards Animals – working with RSPCA in developing effective prevention strategies
- Ensure a Great Place to Work and provide Great Service to The Public – offering a high quality worthwhile career and maintain the highest standards
- Ensure Residents See Value for Money in their Police Services – by constantly looking for better ways to provide this most essential of public services
My Contract with Derbyshire
I pledge that my priority, first and foremost, is to keep Derbyshire and its communities safe.
It will be an honour to serve our county and our communities as your Police and Crime Commissioner.
Read my full manifesto and commitments on my website
Statement prepared by George Carr-Williamson, Agent, 63 Bosworth Way, Long Eaton, NG10 1EA
Website http://wwwac4pcc.org.uk/ Twitter @ac4pcc Mobile 0792 7437174