Labour Party Candidate
My aim in standing for Lancashire Police and Crime Commissioner is to ensure that Lancashire Police are accessible and deliver the protection, security and service that the people of Lancashire want and deserve.
I aim to be a champion for equality and diversity. I shall represent all the communities across Lancashire irrespective of race or religion. This will make all our lives safer and more secure.
Lancashire has a reputation for excellent standards in policing. We need to build on this reputation and not let the Coalition Government’s cuts to police jobs reverse the reduction in crime that was achieved by the last Labour government.
The last Labour Government has a proud record on community safety. We listened to what the public wanted and we delivered.
The Neighbourhood Policing Strategy was particularly effective. It allowed the community to engage with the police at a very local level and tackle issues from anti-social behaviour to gathering information on more serious crime.
My key pledges:
- Defend frontline policing – maintain a visible policing presence
- Protect neighbourhood policing – particularly PCSOs
- Ensure a swift and effective response to reports of anti-social behaviour
- Prioritise the fight against domestic violence and child sexual exploitation
- Champion the rights of the victim
- Target persistent and prolific offenders
You may contact me on email@example.com.
This statement has been prepared by my election agent, James Groves, of 1 Cobble Court Yard, Carr House Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1SW.