Choose my PCC
As your current Commissioner, operational, front-line policing has, and always will come before party politics. I have a strong track record of delivering on my promises and of listening to the communities of Dyfed Powys. I am proud of what I have achieved since 2016, but there is still so much to do.
I am an approachable individual and I believe in listening to all members of the community in order to shape a successful police force. Since 2016, I have increased resources whilst also retaining the lowest council tax levels in Wales. If re-elected:
- I will not appoint a Deputy Commissioner and I will continue to reduce costs on external consultants;
- I will put the victim at the heart of the service and develop a truly victim led service;
- I will not privatise core police support functions;
- I will continue to hold public meetings across the force;
- I will prioritise working in partnership with organisations and agencies to safeguard the most vulnerable in society.
Your safety is my top priority. I want to ensure that the Dyfed Powys Police Force remains one of the safest places to live in Wales and England. Since being elected as the Police and Crime Commissioner in 2016, I have delivered:
- A state-of-the-art CCTV system that is monitored 24/7 by police staff;
- A dedicated team to detect and fight crime in our rural communities;
- A focus and crack-down on county lines drug dealing to target organised crime;
- A Neighbourhood Policing Model putting a face to local policing;
- Investment in Youth Offending Teams to divert young people away from crime;
- A new innovative Offender Diversionary Scheme to reduce re-offending.
Other candidates in Dyfed-Powys
Find out the results for your area by searching below: