Conservative Party Candidate
Geraldine Carter lives inWest Yorkshireand is a Councillor on Calderdale Council. She has served on West Yorkshire Police Authority and as a Board Member of the West Yorkshire Probation Service.
West Yorkshire Police has been led by the same individual for the past decade. It’s time for change. It’s time get tough on criminals.
Geraldine has a six-point plan for policing inWest Yorkshire:
- Appoint a new Chief Constable: to work with Geraldine to deliver safer communities and tougher policing.
- No more kid gloves – no special interests: there are communities that the police feel unable to tackle crime in because they fear the consequences. This is patronising to those communities and detrimental to law and order. Geraldine will be tough on crime full stop.
- Support victims, not criminals: victims should be able to decide the community punishment of offenders. Using the Coalition’s Prisoners Earnings Act, offenders will also be made to pay financial reparation to victims.
- Zero-tolerance on Knife and Gun crime: anyone convicted of using a knife or firearm to threaten and endanger should go straight to jail. Not enough has been done to rid our streets of knife and gun crime and Geraldine will enforce a zero-tolerance policy.
- Cut Police paperwork: freeing police from unnecessary red tape so they have more time for frontline duties responding to the real concerns of their communities. Geraldine will put the Bobby back on the beat.
- Recruit 850 new Special Constables: the best form of policing is local community policing so Geraldine will recruit 850 new Community Special Constables protecting our streets.
It’s time to Get Carter fighting crime on your street.
Prepared by Jason Aldiss, Election Agent, Conservative Office,CumberlandHouse, Greenside Lane,Bradford,BD8 9TF.
Candidate Contact Details