Following service in the RAF, I spent 23 years working as a police officer in Hampshire Constabulary. My career included key roles such as community officer and custody sergeant.
As a former officer, I know collaboration and support are key for protecting the public. Officers do not have it easy; I need to be there for them, challenging unnecessary legislation and supporting their important work. The public have a right to expect the best from the police. This also means maintaining relationships with other agencies, so specialist help is there when it is needed.
As a prospective PCC candidate, I am not accountable to any party machine, so I will always fight to secure the best deal for Hampshire Constabulary.
I understand that inefficiency needs to be reduced wherever possible, and I am determined to fight to get every penny I can for front line policing.
On Thursday 6th May, please back my 5-point plan for policing and crime in Hampshire & Isle of Wight:
• Re-introduce ‘Community Constables’ to your neighbourhood by allocating the additional 156 officers already approved, to get them ‘back on the beat’.
• Actively confront rural crime so that issues such as theft of animals, machinery and tools do not damage our local economy.
• Make police more accessible and improve 101. I pledge to allocate better IT, recruit more support staff, and use vacant retail units as temporary police offices.
• Clean up our streets with a tough approach to anti-social behaviour. Street drinking, drugs, litter, and excessive noise are a blight on our towns and communities.
• Treat victims of crime compassionately with better support and effective aftercare. Victims deserve improved support to move on with their lives.
Prepared by Alan Stone at 9a New Street, Basingstoke RG217DE
Find out the results for your area by searching below: