Labour Party Candidate
The public in Staffordshire want a Police Service that is based firmly in the community and is directly accountable to them. I am firmly committed to those principles. I am proud of our Police. I will not interfere with the operational independence of the Chief Constable.
If I become Staffordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner my priorities will include:
· Fighting the 20% cut to Staffordshire’s Police budget
· Taking a hard line against anti-social behaviour by establishing a taskforce to ensure that victims get a rapid response
· Putting victims before criminals and ensuring that victims get the support they need
· Taking Domestic Violence seriously
· Working with local councils and voluntary groups to steer young people away from crime and anti-social behaviour
· Tackling alcohol misuse and the effect it has on communities
· Making sure that Staffordshire residents get value for money in their Police Service
As a local councillor and Staffordshire Police Authority member I know the importance of community safety. Neighbourhood policing and Police Community Support Officers have been a huge success. The Conservative-led government are putting all this at risk. We have already lost 213 officers in Staffordshire, by 2015 this will be as high as 395 fewer officers.
I am born and bred in Staffordshire. I know the area and I know what people want in their Police Service. That is why I am committed to keeping as many bobbies on the beat as possible and why I am taking a strong stance against anti-social behaviour.
Prepared and promoted by George Sinnott, 4 Eastgate Court, North Walls, Stafford, ST16 3AB, on behalf of Joy Garner, 57 Greenbank Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST6 7EX.