The Conservative Party Candidate
- A commercial background which includes building, managing and selling my company and investing in start-up businesses
- A public service background as school governor and local councillor – I understand the importance of community engagement and accountability which will be vital to this role
I believe my combination of commercial experience and public and voluntary work has equipped me to undertake this role with a delivery-focussed and financially-disciplined approach.
- To be highly visible and a strong voice representing local people in the fight against crime
- To work hard to identify waste and inefficiencies so that savings are reinvested into frontline policing
- To put a Special Constable in every rural village to reconnect the public with their ‘local Bobby’ thus allowing the police to concentrate full-time resources in those areas that require more attention
- To give victims a strong, local voice for the first time and by funding services to help those who are affected by crime thus placing victims back at the heart of the criminal justice system
- To support community safety partnerships and programmes that tackle drugs and alcohol misuse to prevent crime
- To prevent offending by working with all agencies to achieve a targeted approach – preventing an escalation of early bad behaviour represents commons sense, both financially and for society
- To focus on rural, business and serious and organised crime
I want to enable Sussex Police to drive down crime, tackle antisocial behaviour and domestic abuse and provide visible, effective neighbourhood policing to the standards that residents of Sussex expect and deserve.
My vision is to ensure that we are all Safer in Sussex.
This form has been prepared by my Election Agent Ginny Heard, 5 Hazelgrove Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 3PH