Labour Party Candidate
As Chair of West Yorkshire Police Authority for nearly ten years and Chair of the national Association of Police Authorities I have a successful track record in policing at local and national levels.
I am the only candidate standing in West Yorkshire with the proven ability to be a robust advocate for the public and provide the strong leadership our Police needs. I will work with all the communities and organisations throughout West Yorkshireto make sure their concerns are included in my policing plan.
Neighbourhood Policing brought in by Labour made a huge difference in tackling crime (down over 40%), but it’s now under threat because of Tory cuts. I promise neighbourhood policing will continue to form the bedrock of policing throughout the county on my watch.
- Stand against the £100m Government cuts of around 2000 police officers and staff in West Yorkshire
- Keep Police Officers and PCSO’s on the beat, not hand police work over to private companies
- Strong and swift action on antisocial behaviour
- Be tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime, giving victims a greater voice
- Preserve operational independence of the police
At present only a small proportion of the millions of pounds gained from criminals through the Proceeds of Crime Act actually comes back to West Yorkshire Police. If elected I’ll fight for our Police to get 100% of that money.
A new Chief Constable will be needed in West Yorkshire and, if elected, I’ll begin the process of making that crucial appointment immediately.
A vote for me is a vote for cutting crime, not cutting the Police. Please vote Labour on 15th November.
Candidate Contact Details
Tel 01924 204314
Prepared by James Lewis, Election Agent, Labour Party Office, 20/22 Cheapside,WakefieldWF1 2TF 01924 204314