Julian Richard Kilburn
Let’s release the police … from party political divisiveness.
As a medical doctor with 30 years experience, I bring a professional skillset including 6 years as Police Doctor (Forensic Medical Examiner) working alongside Northumbria Police.
Healthier Policing is… re-evaluating Mental Health and Domestic and Sexual Abuse strategies.
- Fresh eyes are needed in the face of recent escalations.
- The police take up the slack on a huge array of mental health scenarios. Collaborations with specialist groups are best strengthened with first-hand professional experience. This is healthier than blindly signing cheques. I will ensure none of your money is wasted.
- Monitor the impact of Long Covid on our security and well-being.
Healthier Policing is… cohesive not divisive
- A “whole system” approach to anti-social behaviour builds confidence in personal safety.
- Community initiatives powerfully complement strong, visible policing.
- My new Commissioner’s Cross-Cultural Fund will ring-fence 1% of the policing budget for inventive, crossover projects that share cultures and break down borders. Let’s recognise the value of the arts in rebuilding our way of life.
Healthier Policing is… protecting families
- Addressing physical, mental and emotional impact of crime.
- Environmental sustainability prioritised on every agenda.
- Target an Electric Fleet and Zero Carbon Policing.
Healthier Policing… tackles public distrust and restores pride in our fantastic force
- Strengthen the Oath of Office by removing party political oversight and conflicts of interest from the Office of PCC.
- Clean-up campaign to remove ego from Office and discard self-promotion materials which damage public trust.
- Support healthy working environments with zero tolerance to bullying.
- Introduce an open appointment calendar to listen harder to individual concerns of police and public.
Statement preparation by Dr Julian Kilburn, Election Agent, 31 Hazelwood Avenue, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE2 3HU