DR RAJ CHANDRAN
THE INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE
DEDICATED TO MAKING NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SAFER
A former Police Surgeon, Ex-Mayor of Gedling, Territorial Army Major, and recently-retired GP, Raj is a Director of Brain-damage-care unit with >100 employees.
His experience as UK Commissioner for Racial Equality, Governor of a Comprehensive School and employer experienced with multi-pound budgets will make him an excellent Police Commissioner.
Funding his own campaign shows Raj’s dedication to fighting crime. As local independent candidate he will not be influenced by Central London led policies.
A Director of an organisation teaching the D.A.R.E programme to 12,000 children annually to combat substance-misuse and bullying, Raj is determined to prevent crime related to drugs and alcohol-misuse in Nottinghamshire.
Government cuts of £42million will reduce Notts. Police Force by 200 Officers. Continuing policing at the level required will mean tough decisions. Raj will consider sponsorship and out-sourcing, not privatising Police Services.
DR CHANDRAN’S PLEDGES:
- “LISTENING TO YOU” SURGERIES I will be available to everyone in person, either by telephone or email.
- PUTTING MORE POLICE ON THE STREETS to deter criminals and reduce crime, by recruiting 500 Special Constables and upgrading 200 PCSOs with powers of arrest.
- Financial experts PAID FROM MY OWN SALARY will advise funding by reducing wasteful bureaucracy.
- I WILL OPEN POLICE POSTS IN MAIN STREETS IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE AND RE-OPEN CLOSED POLICE STATIONS.
- NOTTINGHAMSHIRE’S MOUNTED POLICE, DISBANDED BECAUSE OF CUTS, WILL BE BROUGHT BACK WITH HONOUR.
UNDER MY COMMISSION THE POLICE WILL:
- SHOW ZERO TOLERANCE TO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND KNIFE-CARRYING
- GIVE TOP PRIORITY TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND VICTIM SUPPORT
- FOCUS ON CRIME AGAINST BUSINESSES
- ERADICATE HOOLIGANISM FROM FOOTBALL MATCHES
Prepared by Raj Chandran, The Pantiles, Church Street, Sutton-in-Ashfield, NG17 1EX