Gangs on street corners, robberies and burglaries up, police officers attacked in the line of duty. This is the reality of crime on our city streets, a reality that the people of Lancashire should not have to put up with. I believe that enough is enough and that we have to challenge those who commit crime head on, with tough policing and even tougher sentencing.
Far too often the victims of crime are ignored by crime policies that suit a politically correct elite, with a revenue raising agenda. As Your Police and Crime Commissioner I will use my powers and large budget to influence the policing agenda, to make sure that the victims voice is heard not the criminals.
I will say no to:
- The persecution of motorists as driving cash machines
- The closure of local police stations
- The soft touch approach to anti-social behaviour
I will say yes to:
- Dealing with violent crimes and burglaries as a top priority
- Getting Police Officer’s back on the beat, not filling in forms
- Turning PCSO’s into real police officers with real power
- Making Police Officers more approachable
- Working for the victim not the criminal
This election is a historic opportunity for the people of Lancashire to say NO to politicians who have failed miserably to protect them.
Vote for a new beginning. A beginning that will take into account your needs. A beginning that will work for the victim not the criminal.
Robert Drobny, 31 Worsley Close, Knott End-on-Sea, Lancashire, FY6 0BL, prepared this statement as his own election agent.