“The police are the public and the public are the police,” said Sir Robert Peel, the father of modern policing whose principles are followed to this day.
I believe that only an Independent Police and Crime Commissioner can respect that principle and fulfil the main role of the PCC: to connect the public with policing.
I’ve always been Independent and political dogma has no place in my approach.
As the People’s PCC, I will be a strong voice for safer communities by putting people – not party politics – at the heart of policing. And I commit to tackling this role with integrity, energy, vision and openness.
As Independent Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner, I will:
- Represent all parts of Cheshire fairly, with links and surgeries across the county so that I’m visible and I know your views
- Deliver efficient policing by supporting the police service, building strong partnerships with public, private and voluntary organisations
- Reduce crime by thoughtful and realistic focus on more visible police presence, detection rates, re-offending, anti-social behaviour and dealing effectively with offenders
- Deliver value for money by supporting what works well, and resourceful commissioning that cuts crime without sacrificing public safety for profit
- Improve accountability and public confidence with regular updates on how your needs are being met – and being honest about what can and can’t be done
- Provide the best possible service for victims and witnesses of crime
- Increase the involvement of young people in community crime fighting with initiatives such as a Youth PCC
Together we CAN reduce crime and have policing without a political tug-of-war in Cheshire.
If you want what I want, please mark your election paper with a number ‘1’ against my name. Thank you.
Prepared by Election Agent Julie Tempest, 5 Hillside Road, Knutsford, WA16 6TH. Tel: 07896716935