The Conservative Party Candidate
Sir Graham Bright
Sir Graham BRIGHT
CONSERVATIVE Candidate for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
– on YOUR side – experience counts.
I bring decades of public service experience, as a former MP and councillor. I now offer my experience and knowledge to help steer the Cambridgeshire Police through the challenges ahead.
I’ll bring policing in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough closer to all of us who live here, making the police genuinely accountable to the local communities they serve.
MY PRIORITIES – FIGHTING FOR WHAT REALLY MATTERS
- Meeting local needs. I will make sure that the police focus on the individual needs of each community, whether road safety initiatives or tackling house burglaries, anti-social behaviour, attacks on business premises or rural crime such as farm thefts.
- Value for money. Effective and value for money policing with no extra burden on our Council Tax.
- Co-operation with neighbouring forces. I will ensure improved efficiencies and cost reductions by more co-operation with neighbouring forces, including combating organised crime which often crosses force borders.
- An influential voice. I will be visible and vocal in the public debate about crime and policing, fighting for what really matters to the people of Cambridgeshire – less crime and more effective policing.
- Partnership and co-operation. I will champion local initiatives between the police, the county council, district and parish councils, the voluntary sector and all those working to reduce crime and build safer communities.
- Prompt and professional policing. I will give priority to front line and visible policing and ensure the police respond quickly and professionally – including a better and faster response to all phone calls, not just 999.
- Personally accountable. I pledge to be approachable and personally accountable to the public, whom I will serve without fear or favour.
Prepared by Stephen Frost 153 St Neots Road, Hardwick, Cambridge, CB23 7QJ
Contact Details: www.Graham4Cambs.org