Choose my PCC
Find out the results for your area by searching below:
Born and bred in Sheffield, I am an engineer leading local manufacturing companies. Married with four children, I am familiar with local schools and hospitals! I have always given back to the community, so my Plan for South Yorkshire police is to:
- Rebuild Trust – There is much work to do to rebuild communities’ trust so that we can benefit again from policing by consent across the whole county. There have been so many allegations of collusion between local councils and the police that a fresh approach, led by someone untainted by the past, is imperative.
- Put Victims First – Victims, and those in fear of crime, need to know that I will put their needs and rights ahead of criminals. This involves working with, and expanding, the excellent front line police that we have, to focus on communities’ real needs.
- Ensure Real Cultural Change – The police need to know that they have a Police and Crime Commissioner who will support their every effort to refocus the organisation’s culture away from red tape and back covering and towards serving our neighbourhoods better.
- Ensure More Resources reach the front line – In addition to cutting red tape, I want to drive cost reductions in back office and administrative areas, explore ways that costs could be shared with neighbouring areas or other emergency services. If elected, I will lobby the Home Secretary for additional resources for South Yorkshire.
- Bring a Fresh Approach to the Police – I will do this by not shirking from asking the difficult questions about issues that for too long have been swept under the carpet so that today’s police force can start to look forward and embed the lessons and cultural change required.
Prepared by Jasbir Singh Election Agent, 9A High Street, Penistone, Sheffield S36 6BR
Other candidates in South Yorkshire