Stephen William Bett
Stephen Bett – The Independent Voice
Keeping Norfolk safe; keeping party politics out of policing; securing the financial future; and being firmly focused on what our community needs are what I will deliver.
PUTTING THE SAFETY OF INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES FIRST, I WILL
- Keep Norfolk safe as one of the lowest crime counties in the country
- Ensure that Police fight serious and organised crime and support vulnerable people, including our elderly and disabled. Priority crimes include drug dealing, sexual offences, domestic violence, hate crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Protect the frontline in the face of cuts
SECURING THE CONSTABULARY’S FINANCIAL FUTURE, I WILL
- Protect local policing from privatisation – achieving the savings we need by collaborating with other police and public services, and with the voluntary sector.
- Ensure the Constabulary works smarter – using targeting and prevention to reduce demand, working with young people to stay clear of crime; and using restorative justice to achieve long-lasting solutions
MAKING BALANCED DECISIONS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE COMMUNITY, I WILL
- Listen to communities and victims
- Reach out to minority communities and the disengaged to ensure policing is fair and equitable
- Be a strong, independent voice, robustly challenging the Chief Constable to deliver what the public need
- Reject party politics and work with other Independents to provide a national voice.
I am the candidate with the most experience of Policing. I have been on the Police Authority for 16 years, the last six as Chairman. Under my chairmanship Norfolk has become one of safest counties in England. We have delivered large savings whilst increasing efficiency and satisfaction.
Prepared by James Morgan of The Old County Court, King’s Lynn, PE30 5EJ, as electoral agent for Stephen Bett