As your Police and Crime Commissioner, you can be sure that I will always have only one agenda – to improve the quality of life for all who visit, live or work in our Cleveland community.
We must keep “Policing free from politics”: however I need your support to achieve that. As your PCC, I will:
- Eliminate the culture in Cleveland police that has led to misconduct, abuse of authority and waste of taxpayer’s money – no one is above the law.
- Reduce expenses of senior officers and promote a responsible, common sense approach to all expenditure – taxpayer’s money must not be squandered.
- Prevent and reduce crime and the fear of crime by getting more officers out on the streets, more of the time – by reducing and streamlining administrative procedures – and by working closely with the voluntary sector, charities and Community Safety Partnerships.
- Work with the Criminal Justice system and voluntary groups to ensure that victims and witnesses get the best possible service.
- Meet with and listen to the public on a regular basis throughout Cleveland – I will be out in the community at every opportunity – this is YOUR police service and I will be YOUR voice whenever policies are being formulated. The public will also be able to use electronic media to voice their concerns to me at any time.
- Promote a “Challenge – Educate – Enforce” approach to all forms of anti-social behaviour.
- Lobby for appropriate sentencing of offenders.
- Ensure that the office of the PCC conducts all business with transparency, integrity and impartiality.
- Provide a permanent police station in Ingleby Barwick.
- Provide a more accessible, Police station in Thornaby.
- Ensure Police Stations with limited opening hours reflect the needs of the public.
This form has been prepared by Nicholas Teasdale, Election Agent, of 157 – 159 Abingdon Road Middlesbrough TS1 3JU