Having served as Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner since 2012, I have the experience and proven track record to continue making a difference to policing our county.
As PCC, I have robustly held the police to account on behalf of residents, successfully supported victims of crime and invested heavily in frontline policing.
SOME ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
• Driven the biggest rise in police officer numbers with more now than when I was re-elected in 2016
• Restored neighbourhood policing, recruited more PCSOs
• Established a ground-breaking, early-intervention scheme REBOOT for 11-17 year-olds
• Delivered on rural and business community crime concerns with a dedicated Rural Crime Team and a Sussex Safer Business Partnership
• Ensured Sussex Police treat road safety and antisocial behaviour seriously
• Directed £ millions of pounds to support victims of crime, divert young people from harm and helped communities protect themselves
MY SIX-POINT PLAN – “MORE POLICE, SAFER STREETS”
• Continue to cut crime, catch more criminals, fight drugs gangs, county lines and serious violence and reduce re-offending – making everyone safer in Sussex
• Further recruitment of officers and PCSOs to increase frontline policing
• More action on rural crime, including continued investment into our Rural Crime Team
• Investment in Roads Policing to tackle antisocial driving and speeding
• Make shops and businesses safer places to work by establishing a dedicated Business Crime Team
• Support victims of crime, especially our elderly and young, and protect our most vulnerable from all forms of abuse
This election matters.
The PCC is responsible for setting the £310m budget, has powers to appoint and dismiss the Chief Constable and must ensure residents’ views are represented when setting policing priorities.
We’ve made real progress to deliver – let’s not put that work at risk now.
Address prepared by my Election Agent Tom Liddiard, Crawley Business Centre, Stephenson Way, Crawley, RH10 1TN
Find out the results for your area by searching below: