The re-run was caused by the fielding of an ineligible candidate with a criminal record. It is costing you the tax-payer around £1.5 million and those who caused this to happen should pay. But you can still make them pay at the ballot box!
In May, the Lib-Dems came second. This time as the main challengers, we are best placed to win the re-run.
And Brian Mathew has the right track-record!
- Trouble shooter, with real practical experience with British and International charities, governments & academic institutions.
- Has served on the Wiltshire and Swindon Police and Crime Panel for the last 4 years.
- An innovator. His motion scaling up the ‘Shared Lives’ adult social care programme is resulting in a better life for the clients with hundreds of thousands of pounds saved for Wiltshire Council tax-payers.
- Led the successful Climate Emergency motion, passed on a ‘rugby score’ of a vote 36 to 32.
- Whilst a student made a citizen’s arrest on a young offender on the run.
- While in Tanzania served the British community in the up-country capital Dodoma in an Honorary Consular capacity.
- An active member of his local church.
Priorities for Wiltshire:
- Speeding – promoting intelligent speed cameras to target those who seriously endanger all of us, with high speed and often lack of insurance a killer combination.
- A dedicated modern police station for Salisbury.
- Activate retired police to volunteer with schools to support our kids.
- Promoting ‘Green’ Policing – Fast electric cars for e-response & electric bikes for visible neighbourhood policing, along with ‘Pop up Cop Shops’ where police stations have been closed.
- Giving violence against women, Internet fraud, antisocial behaviour, pet theft and the victims of crime a higher priority.
This statement has been prepared by my agent John Fairhurst 17 St Mary’s Place, Chippenham SN15 1EN
Tel: 01249 652 602
Facebook: Cllr Brian Mathew for Wiltshire Police & Crime Commissioner